Warning: No intro found in Navigation table
Sources have relations to more than one historical phenomenon of development. A painting tells us something about the subject of the painting, but also about the time in which it was made, about the painter, the place where the painter lived, the buyer of the painting and even the museum which currently exhibits the painting. By clicking on one of the sources below, you will find connections to all the material within the Historiana data base that is related to the source. By exploring these relations you will be able to fully contextualize these sources.
- Julian Assange, Australian founder and Director of Wikileaks Medieval Pogrom in Toledo Statue dedicated to Moriscos, Antequera (Andalusia) This map shows the population density of Irish in the United States in 1880 (show as source to enlarge). Migration from Indonesia to the Netherlands and vice versa (1946-1970)
- A portrait of Jan Zamoyski Mothers saying goodbye to their children Polish nobility in Gdansk The inauguration of President Barack Obama on 20 January, 2009 The Dutch people ask for nurses NOW!
- Map of Surinam in the 1950s Moriscos ask the King for tax exemption (28 november 1604) F. PRADILLA The capitulation of Granada Palace of the Senate, Madrid 1882 Wettin's election as Polish King. by Jean-Pierre Norblin, ca. 1790 Monument in Elek, Hungary commemorating the Germans who lived in Hungary before they were deported
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Separation Poster for the early 20th century shows a relaxed man with the right to vote, while the woman is struggling. “Little Eternity” in Kemi Marshal Mannerheim
- People at White House celebrating the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed Sejmik in a church Jean-Pierre Norblin Different routes taken by Sub-Saharan migrants. Children waiting on a train station Finland’s concern is ours: Come and join the voluntary troops!
- German Champions 1934 Ottoman Sultan Beyazid II Twin towers of the World Trade Center on fire after aerial attack on 11 September 2001 The arrival of illegal immigrants near the Italian island of Lampedusa in September 2004 Cartoon Lenin
- Poland after the 2nd partition (1792) P. OROMIG, Shipping of the Moors from the port of Valencia. Bancaja Collection. 1612-1613 Monument dedicated to Moriscos, Sant Carles de la Ràpita (Catalonia) Europe before operation Barbarossa 1941 The industrial Ruhr
- Statue of Edvard Beneš outside Government building in Prague. Niyazi Cetinalp before and after his migration from Turkey to Denmark, 1969. The Inquisition A map with the Polish-speaking areas around 1900 Sephardic family, Bosnia
- Memorial at Pohorelice to those who died in the ‘Brno Death March’ in 1945 Jean-Jacques Rousseau Map of the Dutch Empire Osama bin Laden Dick Cheney, U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration