Warning: No intro found in Navigation table
Sources have relations to more than one historical phenomenon of development. A painting tells us something about the subject of the painting, but also about the time in which it was made, about the painter, the place where the painter lived, the buyer of the painting and even the museum which currently exhibits the painting. By clicking on one of the sources below, you will find connections to all the material within the Historiana data base that is related to the source. By exploring these relations you will be able to fully contextualize these sources.
- Finland’s concern is ours: Come and join the voluntary troops! Children waiting on a train station Niyazi Cetinalp before and after his migration from Turkey to Denmark, 1969. The industrial Ruhr Sephardic family, Bosnia
- Sejmik in a church Jean-Pierre Norblin Medieval Pogrom in Toledo Moriscos ask the King for tax exemption (28 november 1604) A portrait of Jan Zamoyski The arrival of illegal immigrants near the Italian island of Lampedusa in September 2004
- Migration from Indonesia to the Netherlands and vice versa (1946-1970) Poster for the early 20th century shows a relaxed man with the right to vote, while the woman is struggling. Cartoon Lenin Wettin's election as Polish King. by Jean-Pierre Norblin, ca. 1790 Ottoman Sultan Beyazid II
- “Little Eternity” in Kemi Mothers saying goodbye to their children German Champions 1934 Monument in Elek, Hungary commemorating the Germans who lived in Hungary before they were deported Osama bin Laden
- Statue of Edvard Beneš outside Government building in Prague. The inauguration of President Barack Obama on 20 January, 2009 Marshal Mannerheim Dick Cheney, U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration Memorial at Pohorelice to those who died in the ‘Brno Death March’ in 1945
- Separation P. OROMIG, Shipping of the Moors from the port of Valencia. Bancaja Collection. 1612-1613 Fyodor Dostoyevsky Different routes taken by Sub-Saharan migrants. Poland after the 2nd partition (1792)
- Julian Assange, Australian founder and Director of Wikileaks Polish nobility in Gdansk Europe before operation Barbarossa 1941 A map with the Polish-speaking areas around 1900 The Dutch people ask for nurses NOW!
- This map shows the population density of Irish in the United States in 1880 (show as source to enlarge). Map of the Dutch Empire Monument dedicated to Moriscos, Sant Carles de la Ràpita (Catalonia) People at White House celebrating the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed The Inquisition
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau Twin towers of the World Trade Center on fire after aerial attack on 11 September 2001 Statue dedicated to Moriscos, Antequera (Andalusia) Map of Surinam in the 1950s F. PRADILLA The capitulation of Granada Palace of the Senate, Madrid 1882