Warning: No intro found in Navigation table
Sources have relations to more than one historical phenomenon of development. A painting tells us something about the subject of the painting, but also about the time in which it was made, about the painter, the place where the painter lived, the buyer of the painting and even the museum which currently exhibits the painting. By clicking on one of the sources below, you will find connections to all the material within the Historiana data base that is related to the source. By exploring these relations you will be able to fully contextualize these sources.
- Sephardic family, Bosnia People at White House celebrating the news that Osama Bin Laden had been killed Julian Assange, Australian founder and Director of Wikileaks The inauguration of President Barack Obama on 20 January, 2009 Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Poster for the early 20th century shows a relaxed man with the right to vote, while the woman is struggling. A portrait of Jan Zamoyski Different routes taken by Sub-Saharan migrants. Memorial at Pohorelice to those who died in the ‘Brno Death March’ in 1945 Finland’s concern is ours: Come and join the voluntary troops!
- Migration from Indonesia to the Netherlands and vice versa (1946-1970) Map of the Dutch Empire Marshal Mannerheim Sejmik in a church Jean-Pierre Norblin Polish nobility in Gdansk
- The Dutch people ask for nurses NOW! Mothers saying goodbye to their children Monument in Elek, Hungary commemorating the Germans who lived in Hungary before they were deported The Inquisition Separation
- P. OROMIG, Shipping of the Moors from the port of Valencia. Bancaja Collection. 1612-1613 Children waiting on a train station Cartoon Lenin Poland after the 2nd partition (1792) “Little Eternity” in Kemi
- The arrival of illegal immigrants near the Italian island of Lampedusa in September 2004 German Champions 1934 Jean-Jacques Rousseau Europe before operation Barbarossa 1941 Osama bin Laden
- Niyazi Cetinalp before and after his migration from Turkey to Denmark, 1969. Map of Surinam in the 1950s F. PRADILLA The capitulation of Granada Palace of the Senate, Madrid 1882 Medieval Pogrom in Toledo Monument dedicated to Moriscos, Sant Carles de la Ràpita (Catalonia)
- Moriscos ask the King for tax exemption (28 november 1604) Wettin's election as Polish King. by Jean-Pierre Norblin, ca. 1790 Dick Cheney, U.S. Vice President in the George W. Bush Administration The industrial Ruhr Ottoman Sultan Beyazid II
- Statue dedicated to Moriscos, Antequera (Andalusia) Statue of Edvard Beneš outside Government building in Prague. Twin towers of the World Trade Center on fire after aerial attack on 11 September 2001 A map with the Polish-speaking areas around 1900 This map shows the population density of Irish in the United States in 1880 (show as source to enlarge).